Bicycles & Bubble Hems

Today was a good Sunday. Wednesday night I got a call from my Mom letting me know that my Step-dad had a mild stroke - thankfully he’s okay. And then on Friday we received some less than wonderful news regarding my Father-in-law’s cancer and I guess you could say Thursday through Saturday was sort of a blur, but suddenly I woke up and it was Sunday, and the sun was shining .. and I felt better. So I got on my bike with my tripod and camera in my backpack and rode off to a quiet little place in our neighborhood for a few photos. I’m sort of obsessed with my new bicycle in case you can’t tell!

Nate and I went out to the mall for just a little bit and I found the loveliest little dress at Pac Sun on such a good sale. Simple things like that always put a spring in my step! We left there and headed to the pet store where we bought our bunnies to look for a larger cage for Freckles. They really both need bigger cages, but we’ve been able to tell Freckles has been really unhappy so it was time! Biscuit still seems fairly content, and he behaves better so we let him out to roam the house a bit more - so we’ll wait on him a while!

After we left the pet store we went over to Jackson & Kristie’s place to grill out and watch the Cincinnati Reds game on TV. Kristie made a delicious avocado & mango salad, so we were pretty full by the time the grilled food was ready! We sat outside and enjoyed the amazing weather and their pretty backyard space. It’s so green and full of flowers- I love it!

PS: I totally photoshopped the bicycle grease smears off of my leg in these photos. Y’all, I wanna keep it real - but it was gross and it made me look like I forgot to shower or something. So, I think it was a proper use of photoshop. And another (obvious) little bit of info- I nearly blew over taking these. I thought my tripod and my bike were going to fly away. So windy! But overall - messed up hair and all - I think they turned out okay. What do you think? =) How was your Sunday? I’d love to hear!

Outfit Details
Bubble Dress: Charlotte Russe
Flats: Target
Sunnies: H&M
Necklace: Vintage

Technorati

13 thoughts on “Bicycles & Bubble Hems

1. misssophiaangelica

i love that dress and that bicycle is just absolutely amazing. beautiful!
    sophie
    princessrhyme.blogspot.com

Stephanie Reply:

Thanks Sophie! I'm pretty much in love with the bicycle .. it's going to be appearing on the blog a lot. ;)

Stephanie Reply:

[Reply]

2. I love he bicycle and the dress… but riding a bicycle IN a dress?

Stephanie Reply:

Haha, Erika. The hem of the skirt kept it down ok while I was riding. I do need to invest in a pair or two of bicycle shorts though to go under my dresses- just in case!

Stephanie Reply:

[Reply]

3. Oh these photos are so beautiful! I love your hair color… and your bike is the perfect accessory! Psh, I ride my scooter all the time in a dress. Gotta ride in style, right? ^

Stephanie Reply:

Tieka, thank you! I whole heartedly agree.. I will be riding in style no matter who stares at me like I've lost my mind .. because it's completely normal to ride around in a dress with a tripod strapped to your back. ;)

Stephanie Reply:

[Reply]

4. I love the images that you attached here and I find it cute and simple. The girl riding the bicycle is simple that is why it made the photos more gorgeous.

[Reply]

5. I am sorry to hear about all the sadness, but I'm really glad you found a way to be happy. It's the only thing you can do in times like those. Your bike is beautiful as is your photography and I'm jealous that I live in a town where bikes like that aren't possible. Oh, and your hair looks as lovely as ever.

[Reply]

6. First, I am so truly sorry to hear about your family- both on your and Nate's side. <3

And secondly, I really like that last photo you took of just the bike! You should print it off and frame it :) Beautiful dress too!

[Reply]

7. :) first i am really sorry to hear about your father in law - i hope things get better! it's always good to keep going and do something that makes you happy. these photos are so beautiful and that dress is really great on you - what an amazing find. and i always loved getting my guinea pigs a new cage (we used to make them and re do it everynow and then)

8. meanzchan

I think you look beautiful with messed up hair! Haha, it looks better than mine ever does when the wind blows! I also love the curls. Oh, and that dress!? So pretty.

I'm sorry to hear about all the bad news happening around you. I hope things look up. It's good that you are looking to the brighter side.

PS: I love your bike.

[Reply]

9. The first thing I noticed was your hair. You look lovely while your flaming red hair is blown by the wind. :) I love your bike too. Hope I'll be able to have one too and I want it pink. Haha!

-Tracy

[Reply]

10. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours Bicycles & Bubble Hems | take-hart | so take heart, cause you know that you have mine. ♥. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.