Green smoothies are where it’s at right now. I’ve been loving them so much and they are so easy! I remember trying to make one a long time ago and I somehow managed to complicate it. It pretty much tasted like drinking baby spinach through a straw and I decided that these smoothies were not for me. Well I finally figured out the correct measurements! It has proven to be a completely fool proof method so far.
5 Simple Steps to a Perfect Green Smoothie:
1) Fill your blender to the 1 cup line with orange juice.
2) Drop in half of a banana.
3) Throw in around 7-10 pieces of frozen fruit. I buy a medley bag of frozen peaches, cherries, pineapples, and strawberries. I put in a few of each. SO YUM.
4) Grab about a handful of baby spinach and push down on top.
5) BLEND and pour into your favorite cup!
I will give you ONE small tip though – drink that baby in a cup with a lid and a straw! I recently drank it out of a regular glass and it definitely had a smell that I did not enjoy. Not sure if this is a pregnant thing, but it is much yummier when I can’t smell it!